Dateless on DivisionMonday, January 28th, 2013 at 2:33 pm
DATELESS ON DIVISION: A SIX BAR VALENTINE’S DAY PUB CRAWL
Cranky Cupid Roams the Strip – Free Pizza and Activities at Each Location
(CHICAGO, IL) – Singles Awareness Day, otherwise known as Valentine’s Day, will be once again held on Thursday, February 14. It is probably the one day single people despise most. This year, singles have an obvious location to commiserate, have a little fun, and be Dateless on Division at six of Chicago’s favorite singles destinations: Mother’s Too, The Original Mother’s, The Hangge-Uppe, Bootleggers, She-nannigans House of Beers, and The Lodge Tavern.
To participate, stop by any of these of these six locations and ask the bartender or server for a lanyard and commence the self-imposed pub crawl, starting and stopping anywhere, on Thursday, February 14, anytime from 9pm to 2am. Each locale will have a select theme, activity, and Red Stag Jim Beam whiskey cocktail, offered all day, for only $5, plus complimentary pizza from 9pm onward, while supplies last, as that’s a very romantic touch.
Collect a stamp at each bar by completing the designated activities. When the lanyard has been stamped at each location, show the bartender or server to receive a “Sexy Stag Bag”, complete with a condom, naughty lollipop, flavored lube, a blindfold and more, plus a ticket to the “Singles Mingle” at Mahoney’s the next day.
The “Dateless on Division” details and specialty cocktail at each of these six locations, all while Cranky Cupid roams the strip to spew terrible love advice:
- Shred Your Ex at Mother’s Too. Bring in a photo or draw the likeness of the ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend, ex-husband or ex-wife and therapeutically place the image in the shredder to receive a lanyard stamp. Kentucky Sangria, a mixture of Red Stag Jim Beam Spiced whiskey, cranberry juice and sour will be the custom cocktail here.
- Tough Love at The Original Mother’s. Bring in a duplicate image of the ex to tape on the Punching Bag machine and pummel the pic to get the lanyard stamp. There will also be Anti-love Song Karaoke here, where patrons can belt out how somebody done somebody wrong. The cocktail feature will be a Cherry Sour consisting of Red Stag Jim Beam Black Cherry whiskey, sour and soda water.
- Meet Your Future Ex at The Hangge-Uppe. Known for late night rendezvous, The Hangge-Uppe is the place to meet a future ex. Do the Backwards Limbo to achieve a lanyard stamp. Red Stag Jim Beam Black Cherry whiskey and cola will be the simple special here.
- Blow Me (Up) at She-nannigans. To earn a lanyard stamp here, find a partner and blow up and pop a balloon in between bodies, hands-free. The select drink will be a Blushing Buckmade with Red Stag Jim Beam Honey Tea whiskey and ruby red grapefruit juice.
- Find Your Squeeze at Bootleggers.To receive a lanyard stamp here, get to know neighbors by playing Pass the Orange game. A Red Stag Jim Beam Spiced whiskey Hurricanewill be featured.
- Bowl Me Over at The Lodge Tavern. Mingle with singles at the original “Singles Bar” in Chicago and play The Lodge’s old-school Flash Bowling game for a lanyard stamp. The Honey Highball, a cocktail of Red Stag Jim Beam Honey Tea whiskey with ginger ale and a dash of bitters, will be the choice cocktail here.
Complete the Dateless on Division pub crawl and receive a ticket to attend Mahoney’s Singles Mingle on Friday, February 15 at Mahoney’s Pub & Grille from 8pm to 10pm; a private party, with a complementary buffet of food and drink and more chances to find the next ex!
The Original Mother’s is located at 26 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-642-7251; Bootleggers is located at 13 West Division Street in Chicago – 312-266-0944; The Hangge-Uppe is located at 14 West Elm in Chicago – 312-337-0561; She-nannigans is located at 16 West Division – 312-642-2344; Mother’s Too is located at 14 West Division – 312-266-7444; The Lodge Tavern is located at 21 West Division in Chicago – 312-642-4406; and Mahoney’s Pub & Grille is located at 551 North Ogden in Chicago – 312-733-2121; Please visit www.rushanddivision.com/doomsday for more details.
Comments are closed.